Thursday, September 16, 2010

Doctor's Visit

This afternoon Mommy and Daddy took me in to see the doctor for my two-month checkup. The doctor felt my belly, tested my legs, and checked my ears. Then she took some measurements. I weigh 14 lbs. 3 oz. and am 24 and 1/2 in. now. My head circumference is 15 7/8 in. When Mommy mentioned that last time I also measured 24 and 1/2 inches, the doctor said that the measurements are not very exact, and either last time or this time's measurement could be a little off. She said it was still ok since I'm still >95 percentile for both weight and height. My head circumference is at 80 percentile. (I guess that means that, relatively speaking, I've got a tiny head. Uh-oh, I better not say that to Mommy or she'll just have something new to worry about.)

When Mommy got done asking the doctor her questions (and there were sure a lot of them!), a nurse came in and gave me an oral vaccine and two shots. The second shot really hurt. I was pretty unhappy but quieted down after a minute or two. The visit made me pretty sleepy and I fell asleep on the car ride back home.

4 comments:

  1. 80th percentile is so cute! That's a B-, still better than average for your head. Your mommy is just so A+ in everything, expects you to be out of the ordinary A+ too. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice sentiment here - I understand what you're trying to say. Unfortunately for some of these metrics, like weight and head size, super big relative to your peer group isn't necessarily better....unless you're raising a sumo wrestler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With or without clothes on, you are just cute.

    ReplyDelete