Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Color Walk

We went on a fall color walk at a forest preserve yesterday to see the trees and their pretty yellow, orange, and red leaves. Did you know that deciduous trees shed their leaves before winter because they lose moisture through leaves and during the winter when water in the ground freezes, they cannot get water through their roots? Also, that trees absorb as much as they can of the nutrients, water, and sugars back from their leaves before the leaves fall? I learned all about trees, leaves, and why and how leaves turn bright colors in the fall. It was fun!

I also got the chance to meet Mommy and Daddy's friends Kai and Tze. Kai is carrying a little boy I will get to meet in a couple of months. He's not quite ready to come out and play yet, but it will be fun to play together soon!

It was also good to be outside for a few hours. The last few days have been swelteringly warm and the AC was shut down in our condo building two weeks ago. The breeze outside, even if it was warm, felt much better than being indoors!

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh, no A/C. I guess you'll just have to keep me cool, Jordan.

    And look, I didn't even know half the things you mentioned in that first paragraph! What an intelligent Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I like to learn about new things, too!

    ReplyDelete