Monday, October 4, 2010

Eczema

Mommy and Daddy took me to see the doctor this afternoon because a few days ago they noticed red, scaly patches on the back of my elbows and knees, on my thighs, and behind my left ear. They suspected it was eczema, and the doctor confirmed it. Mommy was a little stressed/sad about that because she was hoping I wouldn't get eczema. She knew it was a foregone conclusion that I would need glasses since her and Daddy's eyes are so bad and they both need corrective lenses. But she was hoping that I don't get eczema since she didn't have it as a baby and doesn't have it and Daddy only started getting eczema as a teenager or adult.

The doctor told Mommy and Daddy to put some mild hydrocortisone on my spots, and rub Cetaphil cream on me to keep me moisturized.


2 comments:

  1. Tell your Mommy and Daddy not to put too much hydrocortisone on you because we don't want dependency. We don't need that much Cetaphil on you either because natural is always the best; just let it be and it will return back to normal. Don't scratch or rub and have them physically stop you if you do (because I know that's wayyy easier said than done). 95% of eczema rashes is due to scratching and rubbing. That's probably why a lot of babies like you have eczema for awhile. Just ignore the itch (once again, easier said than done) and it will go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not terribly coordinated, but I have started scratching the eczema spots. Mommy and Daddy are going to put me in long-sleeve and legged sleepers to prevent me from scratching too much.

    ReplyDelete