Sunday, October 10, 2010

My First Marathon

Mommy and Daddy took me to watch the Chicago Marathon this morning. We went to their favorite spot to watch, which is near when we live. This is a picture of the pack of front runner marathoners. We were running late so Daddy didn't have time to set up for the photo and only got legs! There was no time to get another photo because they run so fast, at about a 4:45 min. per mile pace! Mommy says this year I watch them but soon I can run with them. If I look slightly worried, it is because I am concerned about her plans for me. :)

There were many spectators. It was very noisy and exciting since everyone was cheering and many people were ringing cowbells and blowing horns as the runners ran by. I like watching and listening to all the hubbub!

I wish Aunt Joyce were running this marathon so we could watch her and cheer for her as she runs by. She would enjoy running Chicago.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I was going to this year, but it was full before I found out I didn't get into NYC marathon. Next year, I'll just sign up for both Chicago and NYC. Sounds like Mommy will be running next year and will get you to run too. We'll all run side by side--the four of us--your parents, you, and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'll be quite up to running next year - and I don't think even Mommy would expect me to next year! :)

    Chicago is a great place, but so if the Bay Area. Mommy says she misses the Asian food in the Bay Area. You can't get good Asian food here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you can get good white food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mommy says you can get great non-Asian cuisine in the Bay Area, too. She says she always ends up gaining weight on all the tasty food in the Bay Area!

    ReplyDelete